The essential information about our qualifications is listed below.
The entry level Swimming Assistant qualification provides you with a practical introduction to teaching swimming and leads onto a choice of Level 2 qualifications to become a qualified swimming teacher. We also offer a number of Level 3 specialised courses for experienced teachers.
Click or tap ‘Find Out More’ to read more information about each qualification and find your nearest course.
Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- Begin your career with our practical entry level course.
- Achieve a solid foundation in what it takes to be able to assist a qualified Swimming Teacher and to deliver swimming lessons.
- No experience necessary.
Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming
- Endorsed against the CIMSPA Swimming Teacher Standard.
- This qualification builds on your Level 1 experience and provides the skills needed to become a Level 2 Swimming Teacher.
- Suitable for individuals wishing to teach swimming to children and adults.
Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers
- This qualification builds on your Level 1 experience and provides the skills needed to become a Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers teacher.
- Suitable for individuals who wish to specialise in teaching swimming to children from birth to the age of five.
Swim England Level 2 Award in British Open Water Swimming
- This qualification will provide the knowledge, skills and techniques of coaching and will enable you to effectively plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate practical open water swimming sessions.