The essential information about our qualifications is listed below.
The entry level swimming assistant qualification provides you with a practical introduction to teaching swimming and leads onto a choice of level 2 qualifications to become a qualified swimming teacher. We also offer a number of level 3 specialised courses for experienced teachers.
Click or tap ‘Find Out More’ to read more information about each qualification and find your nearest course.
SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
- Begin your career with our practical entry level course.
- Achieve a solid foundation in what it takes to be able to assist a qualified swimming teacher and to deliver swimming lessons.
- No experience necessary.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming
- Endorsed against the CIMSPA Swimming Teacher Standard.
- This qualification builds on your level 1 experience and provides the skills needed to become a level 2 swimming teacher.
- Suitable for individuals wishing to teach swimming to children and adults.
SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers
- This qualification builds on your level 1 experience and provides the skills needed to become a level 2 swimming.
- Suitable for individuals who wish to specialise in teaching swimming to children from birth to the age of five.
SEQ Level 2 Coaching Open Water Swimming
- This qualification provides the skills needed to work as an open water coach and effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of open water training sessions.