SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming QualificationMay 21, 2018
The SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification is a practical qualification for individuals wanting to progress from their SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification, or SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers qualification.
This qualification has been endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as meeting the requirements of the professional standard for the role of a Swimming Teacher and provides 10 CIMSPA CPD points.
This qualification will enable you to effectively plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate swimming lessons independently. It also gives you the skills and confidence to provide quality, inclusive and fun swimming lessons.
You will learn about:
- The role and responsibilities of a Swimming Teacher
- The role in promoting aquatics
- How to plan overviews and swimming lesson plans for a range of ability groups
- How teach safe, inclusive and effective swimming lessons to a range of ability groups
- The influence of scientific principles on a participant in the water
- How to meet the needs of participants
- How to assess participants at the correct level
- How to demonstrate lesson management skills
- How to supervise and instruct a Swimming Assistant
- How to develop participants Core Aquatic Skills (CAS)
- How to develop participants swimming strokes
- How to demonstrate effective communication skills
- How to evaluate your own performance
- How to plan for professional development
By the end of this course, you will be able to effectively plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate swimming lessons independently.
“…the Swim England qualification gives you loads of experience, so that when you go out and start teaching, you feel really confident.”
– Chris, Level 2 swimming teacher.
“…I like the way SEND [special educational needs and disabilities] is a focus on each plan. This makes learners consider adaptations for all lessons.”
– Nicola, Swim England tutor
- 62 hours (52 guided learning hours)
- You must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Hold a SEQ level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) certificate or Swim England/ASA equivalent
If you have already achieved our SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers 2022 version 3 qualification, you may present your certificate as evidence towards the Assessment Criteria for this qualification. As we have defined aspects of the achievement that do not necessarily require repeating. Refer to the qualification specification and contact your Approved Training Centre for further information.
- Theoretical Questions
- Lesson plans
- Professional Development Plan
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or fail.
Once qualified, your next step could be to become either a qualified Babies and Toddlers Swimming Teacher, Open Water Swimming Coach or Swimming Coordinator.
Find further information on our:
- SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers qualifications here
- SEQ Level 2 Coaching Open Water Swimming here
- SEQ Level 3 Swim Coordinator here
- Range of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses here
Find a course near you here
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) has membership options for everyone working in, or interested in working in, the sport and physical activity world, from student and apprentice through to service director and CEO.
Our qualifications and CPD programmes are endorsed by CIMSPA and upon successfully being awarded the SEQ Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification, learners have the opportunity to benefit from 12 months free CIMSPA Swimming Teacher Practitioner Membership, usually costing £30.
The benefits of CIMSPA membership include:
- Recognition of your earned status and a statement of how your professionalism translates into employability
- Personal member logo for use on business cards / online portfolios etc
- Online access to S&PA Professional, the quarterly CIMSPA magazine
- Access to the CIMSPA online library and policy guidance collection, including access to the magazine archive
- CIMSPA member bulletin – a selection of sector reports, guidance, useful resources and news, sent fortnightly
- Members area access on http://www.cimspa.co.uk
- Access to the latest sector job vacancy information
- Free access to selected CIMSPA nation/region CPD and networking events
- Access to discounted insurance
- Online record of professional development, providing evidence of competence and an up-to-date skillset
- Access to CIMSPA’s eLearning package containing a wide variety of online activities to aid with continuing CPD.
To take advantage of this amazing offer, please go online and visit http://www.cimspa.co.uk and click ‘Join Us’ to complete the application form.