Gaining a qualification is the start of a rewarding career – and we never stop learning. Our best teachers will continue to proactively update their knowledge and expand their skill sets throughout their careers.
You can do this easily by taking regular Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses.
CPDs are short, practical courses that will help you to stay up to date with industry changes, provide new ideas to keep your sessions fresh or enhance your skills to help you become the best teacher you can be.
Search through our wide range of CPD topics and contact the provider directly to confirm details, dates and bookings.
Click or tap ‘Find Out More’ to to read more information about each CPD.
Supporting swimmers with additional needs
- Coaching para swimmers in a mainstream coaching environment
- Teaching aquatics to children with learning difficulties
- Integrating swimmers with a physical and sensory impairment into mainstream swimming lessons
- Introduction to Supporting Swimmers with Long Term Health Conditions
- Supporting pupils with SEND in school swimming
- Making your lessons engaging for autistic children
Stroke and Technique Development
- Effective sculling techniques and development into the four strokes
- Improving backstroke
- Improving breaststroke
- Improving butterfly
- Improving front crawl
- How to Teach Diving
The Swim England Frameworks
- Swim England Aquatic Skills Framework Swimming 8 – 10
- Swim England Aquatic Skills Framework Stages 8, 9, 10 – diving
- Swim England Aquatic Skills Framework Stages 8, 9, 10 – synchro
- Swim England mini polo
- Swim England Diving dry rigging
- Swim England rip entry
- Swim England Diving dryland preparation
- Swim England Diving twisting
- Developing discipline skills within the Learn to Swim Framework – with or with pool work
- The Fun Approach to Learn to Swim
- Adult swimming
- Teaching Water Safety in the Learn to Swim Programme