SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers QualificationMay 7, 2019
The SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers qualification is a practical qualification for individuals wanting to progress from their SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification, or SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
This qualification has been endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as meeting the requirements of the professional standard for the role of Working with Children 0-5 years.
This qualification will enable you to effectively plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate Babies and Toddlers swimming lessons independently. It also gives you the skills and confidence to provide quality and fun swimming lessons.
You will learn about:
- The role and responsibilities of a Babies and Toddlers Swimming Teacher
- The role in promoting aquatics and children’s health and wellbeing
- The development of Babies and Toddlers and common health-related conditions
- How to plan overviews and swimming lesson plans for a range of age groups
- How teach safe, inclusive and effective swimming lessons to a range of age groups
- How to meet the needs of participants
- How to assess participants at the correct level
- How to demonstrate lesson management skills
- How to supervise and instruct those supporting participants
- How to develop participants Core Aquatic Skills (CAS)
- How to demonstrate effective communication skills
- How to evaluate your own performance
- How to plan for professional development
By the end of this course, you will be able to effectively plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate Babies and Toddlers swimming lessons independently.
“The key to the qualification is that it gives learners a great understanding of children of this age – how they develop, how they learn and how that is fundamentally different to the five-year-old swimmers they will work with within the Learn to Swim programme.”
– Catherine Butt, Swim England Educator
- 62 hours (52 guided learning hours)
- You must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Hold a SEQ level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) certificate or Swim England/ASA equivalent
If you have already achieved our SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming 2022 version 4 qualification, you may present your certificate as evidence towards the Assessment Criteria for this qualification. As we have defined aspects of the achievement that do not necessarily require repeating. Refer to the qualification specification and contact your Approved Training Centre for further information.
- Theoretical Questions
- Lesson plans
- Professional Development Plan
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or fail.
Once qualified, your next step could be to become either a qualified Swimming Teacher, Open Water Swimming Coach or Swimming Coordinator.
Find further information on our:
- SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification here
- SEQ Level 2 Coaching Open Water Swimming here
- SEQ Level 3 Swim Coordinator here
- Range of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses here
Find a course near you here