SEQ Level 3 Swim Coordinator QualificationJuly 30, 2020
Interested in taking part in the SEQ Level 3 Swim Coordinator Qualification course? Find out more about this qualification below.
“I truly believe that this qualification is needed by the industry, offering learners the opportunity to gain professional recognition for their management role.”
– Nicola Bainbridge, Swim England Educator
The SEQ Level 3 Swim Coordinator Qualification has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and abilities to be an effective swim coordinator. It develops the wider view of the swim coordinator role for the efficient running of a swim programme, managing the swimming workforce and communicating with both internal and external colleagues.
You will learn about:
- How to maintain professional development and identify your next career steps
- The importance of Swim England, industry guidelines and legal requirements when coordinating swimming programmes
- How to improve the delivery of swimming lessons
- Effective communication skills and how to inform different stakeholders
- Planning and coordination in of the delivery of swimming programmes
- How to deal with the impact on swimming lessons of non-routine incidents
- How to support the development of the swimming workforce
- Understanding the participant journey in order to maximise their experience
- How to plan for business development
- By the end of this qualification coordinators will be able to effectively and independently plan and manage the safe delivery of swimming programmes, operate the programme in the context of the overall business and manage the workforce
By the end of this qualification it ensures that coordinators can effectively and independently plan and manage the safe delivery of swimming programmes, operate the programme in the context of the overall business and manage the workforce.
- 58 hours (of which 38 are guided learning)
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the course
If you’re looking to undertake the qualification, you must ensure that you have the relevant depth of knowledge and ability to complete the assessment successfully. The assessment will require you to show these skills in a scenario situation. The portfolio tasks will require an understanding of the swimming teacher’s role in developing and delivering high quality swimming teaching as well as being able to show the proven ability to organise workforce members and lead assessment tasks.
We recommend that if you are wishing to undertake this qualification that you hold the SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification (or equivalent as approved by Swim England Qualifications), but this is not a requirement.
You will be required to complete a portfolio that will demonstrate your swim coordinator skills based on a workplace scenario.
Learners are not graded. You either pass or fail.
UCAS Tariff points
The SEQ Level 3 Swim Coordinator Qualification provides 8 UCAS Tariff points, find out more here.