SEQ Level 2 Coaching Open Water Swimming QualificationJune 4, 2019
The SEQ Level 2 Coaching Open Water Swimming Qualification has been designed to provide learners with the specialist knowledge needed to deliver open water swimming sessions.
You will learn about:
- The roles and responsibilities of coaching open water swimming
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of equipment
- The different opportunities available to open water swimmers
- How to plan for open water coaching sessions
- How to develop session management skills
By the end of this qualification you will have the skills needed to work as an open water coach and effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of open water training sessions.
“This open water qualification gives you everything you need to coach in any kind of circumstance – whether you are working with elite swimmers, beginners or anything in between.”
– Sharon Lock, Swim England’s National Masters and Open Water Development Officer
- 60 hours (of which 50 are face to face guided learning)
- be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- have experience of open water swimming
Applicants must also hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- Swim England introduction to safe and enjoyable open water swimming CPD
- SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming
- Swim England Swimming Coach Certificate (or ASA equivalent)
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon
You will be required to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding you have learnt through this qualification.
Evidence may be generated through a variety of assessment methods, including, but not limited to:
- professional discussion
- practical observation
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or be referred.
Extend your skill set with one of our CPDs.