SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) QualificationMay 21, 2018
The SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) Qualification is a practical qualification to start your career in swimming that has been endorsed as meeting the requirements of the professional standard for the role of an Assistant Swimming Teacher. It will give you the skills needed to become an assistant swimming teacher.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
- Identify your next career steps.
By the end of this course, you will be able to assist a qualified Level 2 swimming teacher.
“…this qualification really sets the foundations for you as a swim teacher – it gives you all the experience you need. I’d definitely recommend going on this course.”
– Janki, Level 2 Swimming Teacher
- 30 hours (26 face-to-face guided learning hours)
- be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- No formal entry requirements or prior experience required
- Theoretical questions
- Observation record
- Review record
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or be referred.
Once qualified, your next step is to become an independent swimming teacher.
Browse our SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualifications here.