SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) QualificationMay 21, 2018
The SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification is a practical qualification to start your career in swimming.
This qualification has been endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as meeting the requirements of the professional standard for the role of an Assistant Swimming Teacher.
This qualification will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to assist a qualified Swimming Teacher in delivering high quality inclusive swimming lessons in a range of settings, for example at a leisure centre, swim school or club learn to swim programme.
You will learn about:
- The role and responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The participant journey; Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and Core Aquatic Skills (CAS)
- The component parts of the strokes
- The scientific principles in swimming
- How to create an inclusive environment
- The purpose of components of a swimming lesson
- How to support participants and the Swimming Teacher
- How to demonstrate effective communication skills
- How to review your own performance
By the end of this course, you will be able to assist a qualified Level 2 Swimming Teacher.
“…this qualification really sets the foundations for you as a swim teacher – it gives you all the experience you need. I’d definitely recommend going on this course.”
– Janki, Level 2 Swimming Teacher
- 30 hours (26 guided learning hours)
- You must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- No formal entry requirements or prior experience required
- Theoretical questions
- Review record
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or fail.
Once qualified, your next step could be to become either a qualified Swimming Teacher or Babies and Toddlers Swimming Teacher.
Find further information on our:
- SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification here
- SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers qualifications here
- Range of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses here