SEQ Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health QualificationMay 21, 2018
Interested in taking the Aquatic Activity for Health Qualification? Find out more about this qualification below.
…I learned so much from this qualification as I am a dry side instructor- so this was all new to me. It has filled me with confidence to teach on poolside and I can now give people a full workout plan for both in and out of the water…
– Lisa, Health and Fitness Manager
The SEQ Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health qualification provides learners with the knowledge, skills and confidence to set and deliver water based exercises for people coming through health referral and physical activities pathways.
You will learn about:
- The principles of aquatic based exercises
- The use of aquatic based referral exercises
- How to prepare for aquatic based referral exercises
- How to Instruct aquatic based referral exercises
- The contraindications of aquatic based exercises to the participant
- Future opportunities for participants to improve their health and fitness
- Maintaining own professional development
By the end of this course, you will be able to deliver aquatics based exercises with a range of audiences to improve the provision of health.
- 24 hours (of which 18 are guided learning)
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the course
They must also hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- a Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification or equivalent
- membership of the health care and professional’s council (HCPC)
- a Chartered Society of Physiotherapy number.
- any other appropriate qualification as may be determined by us from time to time.
Assessment is made up of a series of activities: theoretical questions, observation, self-evaluation and a case study review.
Learners are not graded. You either pass or fail.