SEQ Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health QualificationMay 21, 2018
The SEQ Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health qualification is for exercise/fitness professionals wanting to progress from their Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification, or for healthcare professionals who are a member of the Health Care and Professional’s Council (HCPC) or have a Chartered Society of Physiotherapy number.
This qualification builds on the Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification and bridges the gap between dry land and water-based exercise enabling you to be appropriately equipped and qualified on how to support people with long term health conditions in an aquatic environment.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills to confidently set and deliver water based exercises for people coming through health referral and physical activities pathways.
…I learned so much from this qualification as I am a dry side instructor- so this was all new to me. It has filled me with confidence to teach on poolside and I can now give people a full workout plan for both in and out of the water…
– Lisa, Health and Fitness Manager
The Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health qualification is one of the essential requirements of the Swim England Water Wellbeing accreditation scheme.
This qualification has been endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and provides 10 CIMSPA CPD points.
You will learn about:
- The principles of aquatic based exercises
- The use of aquatic based referral exercises
- How to prepare for aquatic based referral exercises
- How to Instruct aquatic based referral exercises
- The contraindications of aquatic based exercises to the participant
- Future opportunities for participants to improve their health and fitness
- Maintaining own professional development
By the end of this course, you will be able to deliver aquatics based exercise support with a range of audiences to improve the provision of health and wellbeing outcomes.
- 24 hours (of which 18 are guided learning)
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the course
You must also hold at least one of the following:
- a Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification
- membership of the health care and professional’s council (HCPC)
- a Chartered Society of Physiotherapy number.
- Learner Pack – Theoretical questions
- Case study review.
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or fail.
UCAS Tariff points
The SEQ Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health Qualification provides 8 UCAS Tariff points, find out more here.