SEQ Level 3 Aquatic Activity for Health QualificationMay 21, 2018
Interested in taking a Aquatic Activity for Health Qualification course? Find out more about this qualification below.
…I learned so much from this qualification as I am a dry side instructor- so this was all new to me. It has filled me with confidence to teach on poolside and I can now give people a full workout plan for both in and out of the water…
– Lisa, Health and Fitness Manager
Aquatic Activity for Health Qualification
This qualification is a bolt on to the Level 3 GP referral qualification. It will give you the knowledge and skills needed to set and deliver water-based exercises for customers coming through the health referral and physical activity pathways.
You will learn about:
- How exercise in water is different to land based exercise
- The properties of exercise in water
- Exercises for a range of mid to tolerant health conditions
- Planning aquatic based referral sessions
- How to assess barriers some participants may face
- How to direct individuals to other possible health and fitness opportunities
By the end of this course, you will have achieved the minimum recognised standards of competency to be an Aquatic Activity for Health Teacher.
- 20 hours (of which 18 are face to face guided learning)
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the course
They must also hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Gym Referral / Exercise Referral qualification
- ATACP Foundation programme in Aquatic Physiotherapy and be a Member of the Health Care and Professionals Council (HCPC) or have a Chartered Society of Physiotherapy number
Assessment is made up of a series of component parts: theoretical questions, lessons plans, lesson overview, observation record, evaluation and action plan.
- All the assessment criteria must be achieved
- All evidence produced by the learner must be their own
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or be referred.