SEQ Level 3 Education and Training QualificationOctober 9, 2020
Interested in taking the SEQ Level 3 Education and Training Qualification course? Find out more about this qualification below.
“…the Level 3 Award in Education and Training was the first qualification I completed that pushed me out of my comfort zone in terms of delivery. I knew my technical knowledge was sound but I lacked the confidence to deliver to larger audiences. Throughout the qualification I was able to improve my confidence through interactive activities and group working. The content was exciting, challenging and thoroughly enjoyable. I would highly recommend the qualification for anyone looking to start their teacher, tutor, presenter journey.”
– Natalie McGuire, Senior Engagement Manager
The SEQ Level 3 Education and Training qualification has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and understanding, enabling them to deliver education and training to individuals and groups within their technical competency.
You will learn about:
- The teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- The relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- The types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- How to use constructive feedback, keep records and involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Quality assurance, regulatory requirements and good practice in assessment
- How to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
- How to facilitate one to one and group learning and development
By the end of this course, you will have achieved the minimum nationally recognised standards to be an Educator.
- 120 hours (of which 48 are guided learning)
- Be 19 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT. Development needs and action plans to address these development needs should be recorded and addressed.
Assessment is made up of a series of activities including knowledge and understanding activities, micro teaching sessions, observation and self-evaluation.
Learners are not graded. You either pass or fail.