Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) QualificationMay 21, 2018
Interested in taking a Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) course? Find out more about this qualification below.
…this qualification really sets the foundations for you as a swim teacher – it gives you all the experience you need. I’d definitely recommend going on this course…
– Janki, Level 2 Swimming Teacher
Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
This is a practical qualification, which will give you the skills needed to act as an assistant swimming teacher
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
- Identify your next career steps.
By the end of this course, you will be able to assist a qualified Level 2 swimming teacher.
- 30 hours (26 face-to-face guided learning hours)
- 16 years+
- No formal entry requirements or prior experience required
- Theoretical questions
- Observation record
- Review record
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or be referred.
Once qualified, your next step is to become an independent swimming teacher.
Take the Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification and learn the skills to teach children and adults independently.