Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) QualificationMay 21, 2018
This is a practical qualification to start your career in swimming. It will give you the skills needed to become an assistant swimming teacher.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
- Identify your next career steps.
By the end of this course, you will be able to assist a qualified Level 2 swimming teacher.
“…this qualification really sets the foundations for you as a swim teacher – it gives you all the experience you need. I’d definitely recommend going on this course.”
– Janki, Level 2 Swimming Teacher
- 30 hours (26 face-to-face guided learning hours)
- be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- No formal entry requirements or prior experience required
- Theoretical questions
- Observation record
- Review record
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or be referred.
Once qualified, your next step is to become an independent swimming teacher.
Browse our Level 2 teaching swimming qualifications here.