Level 2 Award in British Open Water SwimmingMay 21, 2018
Interested in taking a British Open Water Swimming course? Find out more about this qualification below.
…I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the qualification. The training was delivered by experienced open water practitioners and I had the opportunity to transfer theory into practice, both in a pool and in an open water environment. I whole–heartedly recommend this qualification to anyone who wants to enhance practical delivery and coaching skills…
– Ian, Swim England Tutor
British Open Water Swimming
This qualification has been designed to allow current Swimming Coaches, Teachers or Triathlon Coaches to build on their current skills and acquire specialist knowledge in delivering open water swimming sessions.
You will learn about:
- Principles of swimming in open water
- Safe and effective planning and preparation for open water swimming
- Innovative delivery of open water swimming sessions
By the end of this course, you will have the skills needed to work as a lead coach. You will be able to effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of open water training sessions.
- 60 hours (of which 50 are face to face guided learning)
- Applicants must be 17 years of age or older
- They must have experience of coaching in an aquatic environment
Applicants must also hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- ASA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Swimming (QCF) qualification
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon (QCF) or equivalent.
Assessment is made up of a series of component parts including theoretical questions, lessons plans, lesson overview, observation record, evaluation and action plan.
- All the assessment criteria must be achieved
- All evidence produced by the learner must be their own
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or be referred.
Once qualified, you will be able to work as a lead coach in an appropriate environment and develop your experience and knowledge within open water swimming.